Biofeedback is a high-tech technique which can be used to control and inspect some of your body’s functions. During a biofeedback session, you are connected to electric sensors that tell us what is going on in your body.
A good biofeedback program helps make subtle changes to your body that could have positive health benefits. Biofeedback has been shown in some studies to reduce pain, control stress and improve health conditions or physical performance.
BioScan Wellness Centre is uniquely positioned to provide biofeedback with our state of the art equipment and experienced team of wellness practitioners.
What Does Biofeedback Do?
Our goal at BioScan is to get your body performing optimally. We employ technology such as Biofeedback to work towards improving our patient’s health.
Biofeedback types can include:
- Brain Waves – We can use EEG monitoring to see what is going on in the brain
- Breathing – We can track your breathing rate and patterns
- Muscle Contraction – We monitor muscle contractions in the body
- Temperature – Temperature drops can be measured through blood flow to the skin. Stress for example, can drop the body’s temperature.
- Heart Rate – The heart can tell us a lot about what is going on in the body.
- Sweat Gland Activity – Sweat gland tracking can show us your body’s anxiety levels and prompt us to begin relaxation techniques
Why is Biofeedback Training Done?
Biofeedback (Biofeedback training for the body) is done for many reasons such as aiding in the improvement of health outcomes for ailments such as:
- Chronic Pain
- High Blood Pressure
- Stroke Recovery
- And More
Why is Biofeedback a Good Option?
Biofeedback can be a good option for many people because of 3-reasons:
- Biofeedback is non-invasive
- Dependence on medications could possibly be reduced
- It can help people feel more in-control of their wellness
At BioScan Wellness Centre, we have a program specifically designed to help people implement biofeedback into their wellness journey.
Our 3-step process is simple:
- We listen to your body with our top-of-the-line equipment and tests
- We implement key changes and a wellness plan customized to your body
- We do timely evaluation to measure the improvements in your wellness
If you are looking for biofeedback in-person at our Surrey location or remotely, contact BioScan Wellness Centre by Contacting Us or get in touch using our phone number (604)-716-4530 or through email: email@example.com